You have made a big commitment by making the decision to be your own boss and open your own business. It sounds so glamourous: sleep in every day, make your own schedule, make the rules, sit back and watch the money roll in and spend your life vacationing while your employees and your own assistant handle everything. If that’s what you have in mind you are in for a big surprise. Positive self-motivation and (eventually) personal assistant services can make or break your success. There will be stressful days and days that it looks like you are going to fail. You are going to be tempted to have some pretty harsh thoughts. Here are some things that you may find you are saying to yourself, but these things aren’t going to get you to your goals:
- “I will never get this thing off the ground.” We have all felt this way. There are slumps and obstacles along the way. Tell yourself instead, “I haven’t found the right solution yet,” and keep going!
- “I’ll never be as successful as them.” That may be true, depending on who you are comparing yourself to – but that doesn’t mean you will never be as successful as you want to be! Set realistic goals. Ask yourself, “What are they doing that I could do, too?” “How do I grow big enough that I need virtual assistant services?”
- “I don’t have time to devote to my business.” Guess what: you have to make time. If you work 9-5 at the job you are trying to leave once your business is booming, then you will have a lot on your plate. Remember: “I will make my business a priority.”
- “I can’t do it.” The way you talk to yourself will determine your future. If you think you can’t then you won’t. Tell yourself, “I won’t give up.”
- “I failed.” There will be times where you feel like you failed and you make a catastrophic mistake. If you keep pushing forward and tell yourself, “I’m learning from what doesn’t work” you will make it!
- “People will think I’m crazy.” They probably already do (just kidding). Let them do them and you do you and say: “I am going to prove the doubters wrong.”
Not everyone can be an entrepreneur; not everyone is as awesome as you. You will succeed if you put your mind to it. Good luck, stay positive, and when you need personal assistant services, we are here to help!