You made a big commitment to be your own boss and open your own business. Why did you do it? Did it sound so glamourous: sleep in every day, make your own schedule, then sit back and watch the money roll in? Spend your life vacationing while your employees and your own executive assistant handle everything? If that’s what you had in mind, you may have gotten a big surprise. Self-motivation, hard work, and dedication will make or break your success. It’s all up to you, and it’s all in your hands. There will be stressful days and days that it looks like you are going to fail. You are going to be tempted to have some pretty harsh thoughts. Here are some things that you may find you are saying to yourself, but these things aren’t going to get you to your goals:
- “I will never get this thing off the ground.” We have all felt this way. There are slumps and obstacles along the way. Tell yourself instead, “I haven’t found the right solution yet,” and keep going!
- “I’ll never be as successful as them.” That may be true, depending on who you are comparing yourself to – but that doesn’t mean you will never be as successful as you want to be! Set realistic goals. Ask yourself, “What are they doing that I could do, too?” “How do I grow big enough that I need my own executive assistant?”
- “I don’t have time to devote to my business.” Guess what: you have to make time. If you work 9 to 5 at the job you are trying to leave once your business is booming, then you will have a lot on your plate. Remember: “I will make my business a priority.”
- “I can’t do it.” The way you talk to yourself will determine your future. If you think you can’t then you won’t. Tell yourself, “I won’t give up.”
- “I failed.” There will be times where you feel like you failed, and you will make mistakes. If you keep pushing forward and tell yourself, “I’m learning from what doesn’t work,” you will make it! Your mistakes are lessons on what not to do in the future.
- “People will think I’m crazy.” They probably already do (ha, ha). Stay focused and tell yourself: “I am going to prove the doubters wrong.”
Not everyone can be an entrepreneur; not everyone is as awesome as you. You will succeed if you put your mind to it. Good luck, stay positive, and when you need an executive assistant, we are here to help!